包容的卓越多样性 Events Calendar
Adams State is leading and supporting actions that transforms our campus into a model for inclusive excellence by promoting inclusivity, 股本, cultural responsiveness, 多样性, and community engagement.
的 公平委员会 is creating a community for inclusion, 股本, leadership, and opportunity at 有信誉的网投平台十大. We are composed of 教师, 工作人员, and students from across campus who are knowledgeable in issues related to 股本, 多样性, and inclusion and who have demonstrated a commitment to Adams State’s purpose, 愿景, 和价值观.
Anti-Racist Positionality Statement for Adams State
We, the community at 有信誉的网投平台十大, 通过反射, 自我评估, and conversation advocate to eradicate structural barriers to 股本 and inclusion throughout our campus community. Our goal is to end racial and ethnic discrimination towards all racialized students, 教职员工, as well as the community at large. Adams State is committed to our students in our role as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI). We seek to sustain a collective leadership structure through allies and advocacy; deepening our personal awareness and responsibility around bias, 股本, and institutional change. We commit to engaging in evidence-based decision making, creating safe spaces for courageous and difficult conversations, embracing the SLV cultural heritages, and honoring the richness of our campus community.
We acknowledge that students, 校友, 和员工 of 有信誉的网投平台十大, especially those who are Black, 土著, People Of Color (BIPOC) have experienced and have been oppressed by marginalization, 沉默, and other damaging practices. We recognize systemic racism as a societal and global problem that requires continuous education and awareness. 此外, we understand social and systemic systems can impact outcomes for individuals within BIPOC communities. We recognize that we have not adequately confronted inequities as a society. We unconditionally reject racism in all forms and embrace the institutional change necessary to dismantle systems that perpetuate inequities, 无助感, 还有其他的不公正. 集体, we recognize regardless of one’s own race or ethnicity, and other intersecting identities, we are all uniquely at different points within our journey to become anti-racist.
As a learning community, we will listen and learn from each other and work to hear and strengthen the voices of individuals who have been marginalized. We will use every opportunity to create lasting change. Everyone deserves to be unconditionally valued, heard, and seen. We call specific attention to race, color, ethnicity and the impact(s) they have on students, 校友, 和员工. Our position as an anti-racist institution is the foundation of the pillars supporting the Adams State 2025 Strategic Plan:
- Foster Student Achievement
- Champion Practices for Lifelong Learning & 发展
- 倡导公平 & 包容
- 参与创新 & 创造力
- Exemplify Operational Excellence
的refore, we commit to:
1)承认, without regard to political or social pressures, the historically negative effects of racism on BIPOC.
2) Exploring and correcting systems, 流程, or policies within 有信誉的网投平台十大 that would directly or indirectly promote racism and the marginalization of BIPOC students, 教师, 和工作人员.
3) Providing effective forums and communication channels so our BIPOC students, 教师, 和工作人员 may safely and without prejudice voice their concerns and experiences within the Adams State campus.
4) Advocating for change in University infrastructure and policies that would facilitate the hiring of 教师 and personnel who reflect the 多样性 of racial identities of the student body at 有信誉的网投平台十大.
5) Promoting anti-racist pedagogy within the classrooms and offering professional development focused on anti-racism, 多样性, 股本, and inclusion for Adams State 教职员工.
We hereby declare that 有信誉的网投平台十大 stands firm in our position to be an anti-racist institution of higher education.
Edgemont Blvd 208号 Suite 3040